Board Agenda: http://capousd-ca.schoolloop.com/file/1218998819331/1455438848279/1373709562469729052.pdf page 462 - 477
Board Audio http://cusd.capousd.org/cusdweb/audio2016-17/CUSDBoardMeeting.Dec.14.2016.mp3 at 27:12
This Item was passed as part of the Consent without discussion.
at 27:12 Motion to Adopt Agenda by Trustee Reardon Second by Trustee Pritchard
Item passed 6-0-1 (Trustee Hatton- Hodson)
There were no Blue Cards
There were no Trustee comments
Comment Dawn Urbanek
Re: ASB Funded Positions
ASB Funded Positions $210,209.00
CUSD is relying on one-time money to fund on-going positions in the District. Having to "raise" these funds every year is another tax on CUSD taxpayers.
Right now the wage paid is $10 per hour- what happens to taxpayers when the minimum wage goes up to $15 per hour?
Re: College & Career Counselors
CUSD has hired a lot of College & Career Counselors this year at salary levels above $115,000.00 (more than a teacher). Their resumes reflect more of a sales/marketing background rather than a "Counseling" background.
|ASB FUNDED POSITION|
TOTAL ASB FUNDED POSITIONS $210,209
page 468 $15,280
at page 469 $28,801
at page 470 $36,135
at page 471 $37,084
at page 472 $33,373
at page 473 $59,536
|CUSD Hires Anthony Russomanno College & Career Counseling Coordinator|
Should an Employee of District be allowed to continue an educational consulting business? Is that a Conflict of Interest?
President, Educational and Business Consultant at RAR Consulting Group, Inc
CUSD hires Anthony Russomanno Coordinator, College & Career Counseling $115,910 yr
(11 months/40 hpw)
– Present (3 months)San Juan Capistrano, CA
• Develop and provide educational counseling services regarding college and career assistance to students, parents, teachers, and counselors.
– Present (1 year 1 month)Orange County, California Area
Specializing in work with schools, test preparation and admission companies.
– (22 years 1 month)
• Deliver one-on-one test prep tutoring (SAT, ACT, PSAT, GMAT, GRE) to students
– (6 years 10 months)
• Secured key business with institutions, organizations and corporations
– (1 year 8 months)
• Developed and implemented the national product, pricing, positioning and promotion strategy and objectives
– (2 years 7 months)
• Collaborated with 8 local offices to monitor, create and maintain marketing metrics, objectives and sales goals
– (7 years 5 months)
• Inspired and restructured a local teaching company into an innovative sales organization, generating a local revenue increase of $10 million over 10 years, eventually leading to the sale of the franchise for $30 million
– (3 years 1 month)
• Counseled and facilitated problem solving for individuals, couples, and families in crisis