Bylaws of the Board BB 9100
Annual Organizational Meeting
The Board of Trustees shall meet annually on a day within a 15-day period beginning with the last Saturday in November for the purpose of reorganizing the Board hold an annual organizational meeting within the time limits prescribed by law. (Education Code 35143)
The Superintendent will open the meeting as presiding officer and oversee the election of the Board President. The gavel will then be turned over to the President who will preside over the remaining of the meeting.
At this meeting the Board shall:
Order of Business
This order of business following election of the Board President shall be:
1. Elect a President, a vice president, and a clerk from its membership.
2. Elect clerk Appoint the Superintendent as Secretary to the Board.
3. Set meeting time, place, and day Approve a schedule of regular meetings for the year.
4. Select representative to the nominating committee of the Orange County Committee on School District Organization.
5. Select Orange County School Boards Political Action Committee (PAGE) representatives.
6. Select Regional Occupational Program College and Career Advantage representatives.
7. Select representatives to serve on the District Instructional Materials Review Committee (IMRC).
8. Select representatives to serve on the Capistrano Unified School District Foundation.
10.8. Select representative to serve on the District Restructuring Council.
9. Select representatives to serve on Ad Hoc committees.
10. Select representatives to serve on California School Board Association.
11. Select representatives to serve on the Board Policy Sub-Committee.
12. Select representatives to serve on various boards and committees.
12. Such other business as may be determined by the Board of Trustees.
650 of 697