|October 11, 2017 CUSD BOT Meeting AGENDA ITEM #11 ADDENDUM TO THE MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING WITH MISSION HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER|
Board Agenda at page 462
Board Audio: None
This Item was passed on the Consent Calendar without Discussion
A BLUE CARD SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED
On September 1, 2013 CUSD and Mission Hospital entered into an MOU to improve the quality of life for faculty, staff, students and student families through education and referrals in the areas of childhood obesity and asthma.
Name: "Health Promotion Services - Asthma and Obesity Program"
Term: 5 year contract September 1, 2013 to September 1, 2018.
Under the original MOU Mission Hospital was to share personally identifiable health data to CUSD that is suppose to be protected by HIPPA.
This Item seeks Board Approval to make the following changes to the MOU:
1) The name "Health Promotion Services" is being changed to "Community Benefit"
2) They services are being changed. Mission Hospital will no longer address the areas of childhood obesity and asthma the services will focus on substance abuse prevention and mental awareness.
3) Outside Consultants may conduct student and/or Parent Surveys with CUSD permission.
4) The agreement is being modified to ensure that all survey data collected either hard copy or electronically will be gathered and stored anonymously.
5) The Term of the Agreement is extended to June 30, 2020.
From a 2013 OC Register Article the following schools participated in the program:
"In the eight schools with which the hospital is working, the number of students eligible for free meals ranged from 37 percent to 94 percent in 2012. To qualify, families of four had to earn $29,064 or less before taxes."
Viejo Elementary School
Las Palmas Elementary School
San Juan Elementary School
Kinoshita Elementary School
Marblehead Elementary School
Del Obispo Elementary School
Concordia Elementary School declined to participate due to "some barriers."